What is Pre-Blend Aromatherapy Massage?
Pre-blended massage offers Swedish massage techniques, using rhythmic movements and varied pressures to work in harmony with the aromatherapy oils. Massage on its own is a wonderfully beneficial treatment, but the pre-blended oils used for an aromatherapy massage offer an added healing effect. Each massage can be tailored to suit your needs by using a range of oil blends and each oil has a different purpose or effect when absorbed into the skin throughout the treatment. Some offer relaxation, others are uplifting and some are great to target specific muscular aches and pains. The following represent a good cross section of the types of conditions Pre-blend Aromatherapy massage is effective at treating:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Feeling Low
- Muscle Aches
Other Benefits of Pre-Blend Aromatherapy Massage:
- Reduction in muscle spasm, pain and tension
- Release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers
- Relaxation and reduction in anxiety
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved lymphatic drainage
- Improved Mobility
- Reduction of swelling caused by an accumulation of fluid in the tissues
Aromatherapy Massage Tips!
Having a massage is a treat, so indulge as much as you can. Arrive on time so you have enough time to relax and absorb the surroundings. Its not a good idea to eat a heavy meal or drink alcohol in the hours beforehand.
Your therapist will also need to conduct a client consultation with you before the treatment starts. Always tell your therapist about any medical conditions you have or have had as they will need to take this into account to choose the right stones and techniques for your body. For similar reasons, always tell your therapist if you are, or think you might be, pregnant.
Don’t be afraid to tell your therapist if you need to move or readjust, you’ll enjoy the treatment far more if you’re comfortable. Also, try to book your treatment on a day where you wont have to rush out somewhere afterwards. You’ll feel so relaxed afterwards that jumping straight into a car and battling traffic won’t be what you’ll want!
Pre-Blend Aromatherapy Massage is not suitable for everyone. Please review the list of contraindications below. If any of these conditions apply to you then you need to speak to your therapist before booking. In some, but not all cases, it may be advised that you get your doctors permission for your therapist before going ahead with a treatment.
- Blood Clots/ Prone to Blood Clots
- Bruise Easily
- Cancer, chemotherapy or radiation treatments
- Broken Bones
- Depressed Immune System (HIV/AIDS, Lupus, Cancer, Epstein Barr, Mononucleosis etc.)
- Heart Problems
- Heat Sensitivity
- High Blood Pressure
- Inflamed Skin Conditions
- Nerve Trauma
- Open Wounds or Sores
- Peripheral vascular Disorder
- Recent Surgery
- Medications that side effects to heat or photosensitivity (Please check with your pharmacist if you aren’t certain)
- Varicose Veins
- Sun Burn
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Recent Surgery
- After Trauma, (whiplash, sprains etc.)
- Skin Conditions (Severe Eczema, Psoriasis, sores, shingles, herpes, burns)
- Cardio-vascular conditions
- Bells Palsy